Wonder Years, Wu Yué
May 6th, June 12th, 2021
Wonder Years is Wu Yué’s exploration of the past, remixed with the future. From popular culture, to social injustice to sports, Yué reimagines art in the age of immense social, political, and cultural change.
Wu Yué (伍月) is a visual artist from Beijing, China and based in Paris, France. He grew up with his grandparents inside the Central Academy of Fine Art in Beijing, where his grandfather who is a painter nurtured his passion for drawing. Yué studied graphic design and graduated in animation in Paris at ENSAD (École National Supérieur des arts Décoratifs) and began his art practice in 2013. He explores figuration through new mediums such as etching on photos, metal, ceramics, as well as experimenting with bleach on canvas. Yué is also an acclaimed Art Director, Film and Animation Director, Illustrator and Designer.
- “New work” October 03 -18, 2013, Galerie Derouillon fka Republic Gallery, Paris, France.
- “Portland is Burning” January 2-30, 2015, One Grand Gallery, Portland, Oregon.
- “Noises” August 27 – 28, 2016, SO Gallery, Tokyo, Japan.
- “Face to Face” with Jean Jullien, January 22 – February 2, 2020, Point Ephemere, Paris, France.
- “Living room” January 24 – February 22, 2020, Galerie Jérôme Pauchant, Paris, France.
- Apple Music
- Beats By Dre
- Comme des Garçons
- Junya Watanabe